WHY YOU HAVEN’T FOUND “THE ONE”
Today’s episode is for anyone who has ever felt burned out by swipe culture…
Anyone who thinks that the one may have gotten away…
Anyone who strives to be the best partner they can be in a relationship…
You’re in for a treat because our guest today is the one and only Pastor Calvin Roberson.
You probably know him as Pastor Cal, the marriage expert on LifeTime’s hit TV show Married At First Sight. He’s also now the author of the new book Marriage Ain’t For Punks. He’s going to talk to us about how to get out of the swipe momentum and find a relationship you actually want to stick with and work on.
DATING DISH (2:08)
The Definitive Guide to Digitally Ditching Your Ex
Now that technology is irrevocably intertwined with your day to day, you can’t ignore the fact that your ex could have access to you digitally. No fear! Metro UK has published some tips on the matter:
- Change your passwords – Do you really want them mooching off your Netflix account for all eternity?
- Realize it’s normal to snoop, even if the relationship ended amicably – check your social media privacy settings
- Remove all of your accounts from their devices
- Reset your home smart devices
- In extreme cases, check for stalkerware
Relationship Minimalism: Is it for you?
Relationship Minimalism: cutting down on relationships that don’t serve you in order to avoid unnecessary emotional engagement with the world around you. Do you have any relationships – romantic or otherwise – that cause emotional clutter? Damona breaks down this movement and how to determine if Relationship Minimalism is for you according to an article published in The Guardian.
MARRIAGE AIN’T FOR PUNKS (10:46)
Damona interviews Pastor Calvin Roberson from Lifetime’s hit show Married At First Sight.
He’s been a marriage counselor for over 20 years and now he’s the author of his first book, Marriage Ain’t For Punks. And we ain’t punks – so obviously, we need all his secrets to find a forever relationship:
How to find marriage material
When to know if a relationship is worth your time
Do people even take commitment seriously anymore?
And so much more!
Here’s a sneak peek published on Damona’s Instagram:
View this post on Instagram
You can find more of Pastor Cal on Instagram @iamcalvinroberson and make sure to pick up your copy of Marriage Ain’t For Punks!
DEAR DAMONA (32:34)
- Voicemail: I appreciate your podcast so much and just your optimism and and I’ve just got a situation here. So I’ve been seeing this guy for about six months now and last week. He told me that he felt like something was missing and we talked through it off. We need a but I really don’t know how to proceed from here. Like is there anything I can do to like help them figure out what that thing is if I have it? I I mean, I feel like this is a common thing with guys sometimes and I’m just at a loss here and yeah little little torn up about it. I appreciate any advice you can give thanks.
- Email: How to say that you are looking for someone smart and educated without sounding like you’re too serious or elitist? I want chemistry but I also want someone who can hold a conversation