WHAT ARE THE RED FLAGS?
What are the signs you might be in love with a junkie? How do you get your partner help? Dr. Cali Estes, an addiction therapist and life coach, tells us the truth about addiction and love on this week’s episode. Here’s the rundown:
D’S DATING DISH (2:36)
The perfect day to kick off your dating game in 2019
Mark your calendars! According to Match, the best day to be online is Sunday, Jan 6th. Damona tells you why this is the best time to be online.
Do you research your dates before you meet them?
According to a study done by JDP, 72% of people research their date before the first date. But is the behavior good for your date? Damona has thoughts.
The latest secret celebrity relationship
Spotted: Demi Lovato kissing her sober companion, Henry Levi, outside of Nobu last week. We had to call in the big guns for this one, people. Dr. Cali weighs in.
I MARRIED A JUNKIE (15:46)
Dr. Cali Estes is an Addiction Therapist and Life/Corporate Coach who specializes in harm reduction and utilizes holistic approaches to treat addiction, as well as mental conditions holding her clients back from reaching their full potential. She has over 20 years of experience working with drug, alcohol and food addictions.
Her unique no-nonsense approach of cognitive behavioral therapy, positive psychology and life coaching combine to provide the perfect support for an addict. Dr. Estes knows from personal experience the emotional and physical tolls that addiction takes on one’s psyche and physical well-being. We’re SO THANKFUL she joined us this week. We talked about A LOT:
- The Signs that your loved one is a junkie (spoiler alert: They’re easy to miss)
- What to do if your SO is a junkie
- The best way to be supportive if your loved one is recovering
- How to tell if a person is an addict from their dating app profile
- How to tell if a person is recovering from their dating app profile
- How to tell if a person is an addict when you’re on that first date
- Are you an addict to sugar?
- And so much more!
TECHNICALLY DATING (34:45)
- How do you avoid a co-dependent relationship?
- How to get over the paranoia that your girlfriend is cheating on you
- How to help your girlfriend get over her insecurities from her past relationship
STAY SEXY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
On average people gain 2-5 lbs over the holidays. You can fight to get it off in January or you can stop the holiday heaviness before it starts by beginning a program with Beach Body on demand. Just go to DatesandMates.com and click the Beach Body Banner to get started.