A LOT MORE LOVE & A LOT MORE HAPPINESS
This week on Dates & Mates, we’re celebrating Valentines AND Galentines.
Every single human on earth could use more love and more happiness right now – so it’s time we take matters into our own hands and make some space for love.
If you are new here – welcome!
This show is hosted by your certified dating coach, Damona Hoffman, and we’re all about navigating the challenges of modern dating – confusing texts, dating app frustrations, ghosting, bad breakups and confusing pandemic connections.
For 15 years Damona has been coaching folks on how to find and admittedly, the pandemic has made everything a little more complicated…
Ok – a lot more complicated – but there is still hope!
Damona’s clients are still going on dates, falling in love, and some even getting married. It is possible!!
That is why we have invited celebrity wedding planner and TV personality David Tutera on to the show to talk about how you can set the stage for love this year – yes, even in the midst of a pandemic.
We’ll give you tips to make your home visually inviting – even if over zoom, ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day – single or coupled – and David will give his predictions on what the future of weddings will look like this year and beyond.
Here’s the rundown:
Couples Therapy: The key to having it all
Michelle and Barack are the hottest couple ever in the history of couples. But even they – and a few other celebrity couples – need couples therapy according to our friends at TooFab. Damona breaks it down.
Feb 13th: Just as important as Feb 14
DON’T forget about Galentine’s Day in your Valentine’s Celebrations. On Feb 14th, we celebrate romantic love but Feb 13th is the day for waffles, self care, and friends. Damona gives a few suggestions on how to celebrate Galentines with some self-care rituals:
- The basic bitch stuff like bubble baths and yoga
- Ordering flowers, dancing to loud music, hiking, foam rolling, massagers – not that kind – and even reading literaotica
MAKE YOUR MOVE (12:30)
Today we hear from David Tutera, artistic visionary, lifestyle influencer, tv personality and celebrity wedding planner behind such shows as “My Fair Wedding”, “Wedding Cake Championship”, “My Great Big Live Wedding.”
Plus he’s a familiar face on the Today Show, Good Morning America, The View, The Talk, OWN, and so much more. We talked about A LOT:
(13:00) Valentine’s at home with kids – should you include them?
(13:55) Making this Valentine’s memorable for your pandemic bae
(16:00) Stress-free Valentine’s for singles
(19:00) More ideas on how to make your Valentine’s memorable
(20:00) Look cute on Zoom: You should always dress better than you think you should and please DEAR GOD clean up your room
(24:00) The state of weddings today
(26:00) The worst party planners David’s worked with
(28:30) What you need to know about the future of weddings
Find more from David at davidtutera.com and follow him on IG @davidtutera
TECHNICALLY DATING (36:02)
- April (Google Voice): I am a bisexual female. I got out of a relationship with a woman. And so now that I’m putting myself back in the dating scene, I would like to date men, but I guess I I’m just confused as to maybe went to bring up the fact that I’m bisexual and that my last relationship was a woman. I feel like it should be something shared, but I guess I just don’t know what would be the best time to bring that up. So often any advice that you have would be great.
- Kaitlynn on IG: I’m 24, single, and trying to go on more dates but I will also be starting medical school this fall. I’m so excited to become a doctor but also nervous about knowing that my life will be taken over by my schooling for the next 8+ years of my life (med school and residency). I’m nervous that I’ll meet great guys but then they’ll bail when they realize that they may have to take a backseat to my medical education for a long time. How and when should i discuss the realities of dating a medical student with prospective partners?
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY TEXTNOW
The app solves many major challenges that Damona’s clients face in dating today:
- You can keep your main number private
- You can separate your personal and dating contacts
- Plus, It’s easy to use and FREE.
We are proud to collaborate with an app that empowers modern daters to feel safe and secure. If you want more information, check out Damona’s video on when to give out your number to people you meet on dating apps. Click here!
DATES & MATES DEALS
Download OkCupid today!
OkCupid is FAMOUS for matching people on what MATTERS MOST to them, from food to the type of relationship they want…to politics. They ask you really thoughtful and provoking questions to get to the heart of who you are and what type of person you’re looking for.
Are you missing out? Download OkCupid today!
Let’s Roam: Letsroam.com/datesandmates
You need an ADVENTURE – a socially distanced one. Get Damona’s new scavenger hunt with Let’s Roam at letsroam.com/datesandmates
Are you a fan of the show and want access to Damona’s Weekly Facebook Live Q&A? Join Damona’s Patreon FWBs – Friends with Benefits!!! – at patreon.com/datesandmates
BE OUR VALENTINE?
Damona is hosting 3 events for singles this week! Here’s what’s up:
Dating for vegetarians, flexitarians, the veggie curious with OkCupid & Sweet Earth
A Lesson on How To Ace Your Virtual Date with Washington Post Date Lab Team damonahoffman.com/washpost
Saturday the 14th: Valentine’s Day cooking, comedy, & love lessons with actress Mayim Bialik and comedian Pamela Rae Schuller