HOW WILL YOU MEET THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE?
Today we’re making a case for jumping off the deep end in love.
Naomi Shah is the founder and CEO of Meet Cute, a media company that produces their super popular podcast Meet Cute – every episode is a fun bite-sized scripted rom-coms.
She’s going to tell us about the whirlwind romance that inspired it all. It involves one singular coffee date, a bouquet, and a gigantic wedding.
This is one meet cute you don’t want to miss.
But first there’s the news:
DATING DISH (1:44)
(1:44) Science tells us once and for all the surest way to find long term love
Academics looked at data from around 2,000 couples of different demographics and found that the majority of couples first started out as friends. Starting as friends may be a more solid option than blind dates or dating apps
(6:21) New cutest couple in hollywood alert!!
The kids of Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence are a brand new couple! While it’s unclear how long they have been dating, it’s assuming they met through their dads who starred in a few movies together.
View this post on Instagram
MEET CUTE (8:24)
Naomi Shah is the founder + CEO of Meet Cute, a production company that produces original light-hearted romantic comedies in podcast form.
These stories are all about celebrating human connection and the full spectrum of love.
(9:29) Let’s talk about Meet Cute: Meet Cute is a podcast for those who love rom-coms and want to be inspired by original scripted love stories in a short episode.
(10:58) Naomi’s Own Love Story: Career-oriented Naomi reflects on what she has wanted in relationships during certain phases of her life. Plus, her parents have their very own unique meet cute involving an international romance.
(22:48) Hot Topics in the Rom-Com World: The most popular Meet Cute stories often involve first loves, struggles with sexual orientation, and rebellious love.
(27:12) Dating App FTW: Dating Apps increase your chances of serendipity.
Find Meet Cute on IG @meetcute and check them out on all your favorite podcast platforms!
DEAR DAMONA (30:11)
- Instagram Message from L – Hi Damona! I’ve been listening to your podcast for 3 years, even since I lived in Sweden and was dating an American boyfriend! Three years fast forward – moved to Bay Area, got married and divorced (😬), been focusing on work for the last year… While keeping an eye on the dating apps and listening to your podcast. I am 31, work as an engineer at Tesla, have all kinds of tomboyish hobbies, looking for someone very smart, probably an introvert, career-driven, kind and supportive. Someone local to the Bay area and tall (I am 5’9+) Another engineer is a plus but not a must.
- Instagram Message from Karly – Hi Damona! Who pays the bill when you’re on a date?? I know traditionally, “the man pays for everything” but that’s not realistic…so how do you start the convo about those expectations? I personally don’t mind splitting costs or even covering costs for dates, but I’ve never ever discussed that with anyone I’ve dated. For context, I recently met this guy on Hinge. He invited me on 3 dates (1st was free, 2nd was a car ride, 3rd was dinner which he covered the bill). Maybe a week later, I asked him if he wanted to get hang out again. When trying to iron out the plans, he shocked me with “And I’m sure I’ll be paying & letting you smoke my weed too huh…I’m sorry, but I’m not the one”. I was so shocked that he came at me like that!! I certainly didn’t give off the energy that I was just there for a free meal and weed. He NEVER asked me to split the cost on anything, never mentioned it; so how do we have these conversations about expectations regarding covering costs on dates? Thank you!!!
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY TEXTNOW
The app solves many major challenges that Damona’s clients face in dating today:
- You can keep your main number private
- You can separate your personal and dating contacts
- Plus, It’s easy to use and FREE.
We are proud to collaborate with an app that empowers modern daters to feel safe and secure. If you want more information, check out Damona’s video on when to give out your number to people you meet on dating apps. Click here!
DATES & MATES DEALS
Get $100 OFF your next all-inclusive beach vacay with Cheap Caribbean!