GHOSTING BE GONE!
Today’s guest, relationship coach Marni Battista of Dating with Dignity, is full of amazing insight into why matches can disappear. She reveals why you might be inviting ghosters into your life and what to do about it!
But first we have headlines:
DATING DISH (2:07)
(2:08) This is a case for the FBI: Inside the recent uptick on romance scams in dating apps.
The Seattle Times revealed a shocking article about the record use of dating apps: Dating app revenue exceeded $3 billion for the first time in 2020, creating unprecedented opportunity for scammers to prey on isolated victims during the pandemic. Here’s why you need to be careful with your wallet when on dating apps.
(8:12) From Real Housewives of New York to the wedding chapel, why you should get excited about Bethenny Frankel’s engagement!
Real Housewife Bethenny Frankel met her fiance on a dating app. He came as advertised — better than advertised. He overshot the mark.
MARNI BATTISTA FROM DATING WITH DIGNITY (12:56)
We are joined by the insanely informative Marni Battista who just happens to be one of the most knowledgeable dating coaches out there. You may have seen her on Dr. Phil or CBS.
Marni is on a mission to help daters stop being ghosted for good while maintaining their dating dignity.
(13:53) Marni shares her advice on dating with dignity which can be truly challenging especially during the pandemic.
(16:23) Surprisingly, you might actually be ghosting others without evening realizing it. Take a look at your inbox to see what your responses might convey to potential matches. Marni gives insight into what your personal patterns of talking with others actually means.
(21:30) Are you using your busy schedule as an excuse to keep you from meeting others, or are you just not prioritizing your time to best accommodate finding love? Marni reveals that your calendar can reflect the life you want.
(23:43) Marni gives her thoughts on how fear of rejection can cause you to get stuck from pursuing amazing relationships and keep you from finding true happiness. Learn about to become rejection proof.
(27:43) Want to create desire? Marni has insight to help you be your best self while creating desire through self-worth.
(30:42) The texting trap is when you get stuck in a back & forth texting that has been trapped from blossoming further. To get out of this texting rut, Marni reveals that communication is so much bigger than just sending messages!
(33:22) Get into that get mentality by not wasting your time when it comes to connecting with the one. This means going offline to in-person dates.
(40:28) What information should you put on your profile that is massively important for potential matches to know? This is extremely essential especially when it comes to having kids. Marni also shares her thought on clearly sharing the type of relationship you are seeking to have.
Sign up for Marni’s free webinar at damonahoffman.com/ghost
Marni’s free webinar for women is called “Why Men Disappear – Is it Something I Did? And How to Stop Getting “Ghosted” for Good”
She goes more in-depth on the topics we just talked about like:
- The exact things YOU do and say that make men disappear
- Red flags that you’re dating a ghoster and how to attract higher quality men
- How to cope when you do get ghosted and stop doubting yourself in dating
- And most importantly, how to build back your trust in men so you don’t come across as jaded or bitter.
Sign up using Damona’s partner link damonahoffman.com/ghost
DEAR DAMONA (50:04)
- Guy named B – Hey Damona, I love the advice on the podcast! So I have been talking to this girl for 5 weeks (I know still early) and we’re set up to go on our 3rd date. We seem to really click. Lots of conversation and common interest. Our dates are good and natural, going 3 hours with good conversation. She was the one who even dove in for our first kiss!! But texts can be hot and cold at times when they used to be hot. I also saw she was still using her app. Also I had been the one primarily reaching out to start the conversations. I kind of just took the initiative since I did see she would respond right away and would carry the conversation. We lately talk once or twice a day when it used to be a lot more. Trying to not over pursue and matched what she is giving me. I recently started complimenting her more figuring she would like it but now I’m thinking she views it as I’m too interested paired with me being the one who reaches out first. So I’m taking a step back approach and waiting for her to do some initiating. Does this sound like a good approach or how should I handle this situation?
- (Halle) Hey girl hey 👋🏻 I’ve been listening to your podcast for the last 7 months or so and finally set myself up on two apps this weekend. Do you have any advice for how to handle getting inundated with responses? One of the apps I downloaded was OkCupid and I literally have 1,000+ likes and 200 messages and it’s been like 48 hours. I’m assuming this is happing because I’m fresh meat. But I’M SO OVERWHELMED. Should I ditch all matches under a certain % to try to get this more manageable?? Thanks for your help, and I hope you are well!
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY TEXTNOW
The app solves many major challenges that Damona’s clients face in dating today:
- You can keep your main number private
- You can separate your personal and dating contacts
- Plus, It’s easy to use and FREE.
We are proud to collaborate with an app that empowers modern daters to feel safe and secure. If you want more information, check out Damona’s video on when to give out your number to people you meet on dating apps. Click here!
Download OkCupid today!
OkCupid is FAMOUS for matching people on what MATTERS MOST to them, from food to the type of relationship they want…to politics. They ask you really thoughtful and provoking questions to get to the heart of who you are and what type of person you’re looking for.
Are you missing out? Download OkCupid today!