Mixed Race Relationships & Swiping Risks
Our guest co-host this week was Monique DeBose. Monique is an award-winning, multi-talented playwright, singer, and star of the critically acclaimed show Mulatto Math: Summing Up the Race Equation in America. She joined us to talk about interracial relationships.
D’S DATING DISH (2:28)
Do swiping rewards outweigh the risk?
According to a new study published by the Pew Research Center, 45% of those who met via online dating apps believe it’s a more dangerous way of meeting people than traditional methods. But then again, 79% of those polled also admit it’s the most effective way of finding a partner. You can read more via Deseret News here.
Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan split after nine years of marriage
The internet had its heart broken last week when Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan announced their split. Though they publicly stated it was a tender separation, there may be more to the story . . . You can read more via People here.
Dishes are the chore killing your relationship
Women in heterosexual relationships reported that if they do the dishes the majority of the time, they’re less satisfied in their relationship. Couple who trade off dish duties or strike a “You cook, I clean” rule were much happier. You can read more via Esquire here.
TECHNICALLY DATING (34:01)
We pull the best questions posted on The Textpert App, including:
- What to do if you don’t feel like a priority after six months of dating
- What to do if you’re in love with your childhood best friend
- How to handle a mom who doesn’t want you sleeping over at your boyfriend’s house
And many more . . .
DATING DOT DOT DOT (48:23)
We got Monique’s lightning fast love advice in another installment of Dating Dot Dot
- _________ is always sexy
- _________ is never sexy
- The biggest red flag on a dating profile is_________
- The most common first date mistake is _________
- The most important quality in a wife is_________.
- The most important quality in a husband is _________