DATING IN THE DIGITAL AGE
Have you ever logged on to Instagram and it seems like everyone and their mom is getting engaged? Is Instagram-related relationship FOMO impacting your dating life?
On this week’s episode of Dates & Mates, I talk with Hannah Orenstein, Senior Dating Editor at Elite Daily and author of the new novel, Playing With Matches.
DATING DISH (1:58)
What is sexy-poor?
Do poor men actually have an advantage in dating? D’Marge thinks so.
What you can learn from polyamory?
A recent study on polyamorous couples reveals interesting insights for sexuality. Damona and Hannah break it down.
Everything that is wrong with your dating profile
Damona’s dating profile tips were featured in Shondaland! Damona and Hannah discuss.
Are #relationshipgoals ruining dating? (14:00)
How social comparison affects your relationships
Hannah writes a lot about how the pressures of social media impact dating today. Are you really living your best life if it’s not on Instagram?
Yes you can! Hannah and I had a great discussion about social comparison and how it affects dating today.
We go in-depth on:
- What to do if you and your partner have different social media habits
- What modern fairytales look like
- What is “sexy-poor” and why should it matter?
- What to do if your date never asks you questions about yourself?
TECHNICALLY DATING (26:00)
- What should you do if your date doesn’t ask you questions about yourself?
- If the don’t bother to fill out a bio, swipe left?
- Should you wait for someone who’s working on the 12 step program?