I don’t want to brag ya’ll but how many podcasts do you know that have made it 10 seasons?! I almost can’t believe it.
For those of you who have been here, thank you for sticking with us whether you’ve listened for one season or all 10. We’re making this show for you.
And, for anyone that is new to the show – welcome to the Dates & Mates family!
Over the years, Damona has helped daters through all of the evolutions of modern dating, from the rise of texting to Tinder to video dating and even a pandemic.
And in all this time, one thing has remained the same – relationships touch everyone’s lives. And this is a show for everyone.
We ended Season 9 with the “Summer Encore Series” where we unlocked interviews and episodes that were previously only available to Damona’s VIP clients. In the meantime, so many new questions came through that we’re devoting the entire episode today to your questions – it’s an all Dear Damona premiere!
BONUS: Enrollment for The Dating Accelerator Program is LIVE NOW!
This program is only offered twice a year, including live sessions with Damona and her hand-selected VIP Coach.
PLUS we’re offering a special Early Bird price from now through the end of August, that will give you 20% off. Be sure to use the code “AUGUST” at checkout.
Go to thedatingsecret.com to learn more about the program, and the amazing results in store for you if you sign up today.
DEAR DAMONA (3:05)
- (3:05) IG Message from AA – About 10 years ago I had an affair that ended up breaking up my marriage in a very painful way. I have been carrying guilt about this over the last 10 years. How do I re-enter the dating world in a positive way? And do I even deserve to have a loving, supportive partner after what I did?
- (8:45) IG Message from Andrea – I’m having a lot of trouble with dating. It’s like I match with guys, but literally no one sparks my interest. I gave this one guy my number and he invited me over to his house. He was a great host, and in my eyes it was the most perfect vibes. We ended the night listening to music and he offered to rub my feet to which I obliged. The foot rub was perfect, so perfect that I got sleepy. You would think he would have offered for me to stay over, but he didn’t – he had me leave. Since our hang out, communication has been short and he takes a while to respond back. Should I ask him about the communication change or just take it up as he isn’t truly interested?
- (13:12) Email from L – I’m a 56 year old widower who is new to online dating. I’m a black woman who is open to dating outside my race because I don’t want to limit myself. But of course, I’m definitely looking at black men as well. What dating site do you recommend?
- (18:18) Email from J – Hi Damona, I struggle to talk to girls that I’m interested in over text message and in person. When they come up to me, I freeze and don’t know what to say. Is there anything you can do to help?
- (24:37) IG Message from Soli – I’m queer and exploring the idea of polyamory. I thought it was my neurodivergence, but really it just comes down to different people fulfilling different aspects of my needs and not requiring that a single partner/person fulfill more than what they, or I, want from that relationship. My current partner expresses that this is a phase and feels like an excuse for me to have sex with other people. But I don’t tend to engage in sexual relationships with more than 1 person at a time unless a conversation is had about opening up the relationship, and even then it’s usually 1 or 2 partners at a time. How do I explain that this is not a phase?
- (31:22) Email from S – Dear Damona, I love your podcast! I’m feeling ready to start dating again, so I signed up for an app and am suddenly reminded of one of my terrible flaws. I tend to let my imagination get carried away the minute I develop the slightest crush on a guy! I’m in my mid 30s but you’d think I’m a teenager the way I immediately let myself daydream about future conversations, dates, what it’s be like to kiss, have sex, meet each other families, travel… You get the idea. Daydreaming is fun, but I’m afraid it makes me put unrealistic expectations on someone who I’ve literally only messaged with a couple of times. It sets me up for disappointment, especially when they turn out to not be interested back. Do you have any advice about how I can stop letting my imagination run wild?!
Don’t forget that Early Bird enrollment for The Dating Accelerator is LIVE NOW!