On May 24th, 2014 Kim Kardashian and Kanye West tied the knot. Though their money and profile will keep them away from some of the pressures that the average newlyweds face, their relationship will still have to survive many new changes now that they have both a child and a promise to one another. Here are my predictions for what we’re going to see from them in the coming year.
1. No More Jerk Kanye – After rescinding his apology to Taylor Swift for his 2009 outburst last week, with a new wife and a child to watch grow up, he’s going to have to realize that his actions have an impact on people. Especially women.
2. Less Time on the Road/In the Studio – Kanye said in a recent NYT interview “Any woman that you’re in love with or that loves you is going to command a certain amount of, you know, energy.” As a mother who left my own first career unexpectedly after my daughter was born, I can say that he’s going to realize that something is commanding his attention in a way he never expected before.
3. More Commitment – Now that the divorce with Kris Humphries is finally final, we can expect to see Kim not playing around with Kanye. She’s going to put him on a serious to make sure he sticks around and takes care of his little girl.
4. Body Pressures – Kim has said publicly that she has had a hard time with body issues throughout pregnancy. Imagine what may happen after the honeymoon phase is over. With so much of her identity wrapped up in looks, we’re likely to see Kim having some emotional struggles and ducking from the public eye more.
5. Toned Down Lyrics – We saw it from Jay-Z and now his former protege Kanye is most likely going to tone down his lyrics. Well he did say that Kim was his “perfect bitch”, so with Kanye you can never tell.
Regardless, we at Dates & Mates wish all newlyweds and parents only the best of luck. The divorce rate is dropping, so let’s hope that love will last for Kim and Kanye as well!
Looking for your own marriage material? READ MORE HERE